Competitive shooters need reliability, speed and customization options for their rifles, which is what Savage created with its new MSR 15 Competition.
The MSR 15 Competition is fitted with an advanced, 18-inch carbon fiber wrapped stainless barrel built specifically for the rifle in a collaborative effort between Savage and PROOF Research. Its unique ported muzzle brake allows the shooter to tune recoil impulse to stabilize the muzzle for faster, more accurate follow-up shots.
The custom-length gas block can be adjusted for optimal cycling of the full range of bullet weights, as well as for use with a suppressor. The gas block has also been upgraded with an integral Picatinny rail and a custom handguard.
Shipments of these firearms have been delivered to dealers. Other features include:
Features & Benefits
• Savage by PROOF Research 18-inch carbon fiber wrapped stainless barrel
• Nickel-boron bolt carrier
• Custom-forged upper and lower receivers
• Non-reciprocating side charging handle
• Savage tunable muzzle brake
• Magpul CTR buttstock
• Two-stage trigger
• Custom-length adjustable gas system
• Rigid free-float handguard with M-LOK, anti-flare grooves and red QD sling mount
• Red ambidextrous selector, receiver end plate with QD mount, and removable custom mag well flare
• Ambidextrous magazine release
• Hogue pistol grip
Description / MSRP
223 Rem., 18-inch barrel / $2,875
224 Valkyrie, 18-inch barrel / $2,875